We are looking for a new team member! Ashley Brown was established in 2007, and we focus on portraiture for children & families, as well as corporate and branding photography. We are a close knit team (partners Ashley & Kristen) and are looking to provide a flexible, work from home opportunity with growth potential.
Experience with Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom and/or graphic design, photography or general creative experience is preferred, but our utmost priority is bringing on a candidate who is a seamless addition to our team and willing to grow with us and our company.
Our current need is a team member to edit images from our sessions in a timely manner (2 week turnaround) using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, and doing so in our clean, classic processing style. The majority of images are portrait/lifestlye images of people, but also include corporate head shots, architecture, objects, product, etc. The team member will be responsible for accessing sessions each week and editing the pre-culled images in both color and black & white. They will be instructed and acclimated to our editing process, which includes global editing for color, tonality, brightness, etc. but also cropping, removing imperfections, stray hairs, etc. Finished images will be upload to our company Dropbox on a weekly basis. The team member will be required to log their hours worked, but along as the work is completed on time, will have total flexibility during the week to set their own hours and schedule. The exact workload varies throughout the year, but we guarantee a minimum of 5 hours per week and a maximum of 10, with most weeks being closer to 5.
Weekly work will be done remotely, but occasional team meetings and training sessions, as well as growth opportunity, require the ideal candidate to be located within the immediate Capital District.
- Either be fluent in Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom and possess experience in graphic design, photography, or general creative work, OR be interested, willing to learn & ready to be trained. While our editing and workflow process is simple and straightforward, a candidate who is not versed in photo editing can expect to invest some time in the training process.
- Own or have access to a current generation Apple computer (we will provide access to our Adobe software via the Cloud).
- Be located in the Capital Region.
- Have access to sufficient WiFi to upload and download files.
- Be willing to adhere to deadlines and deliver finished images each week without delay; barring exceptions for emergencies, pre-planned vacations, etc., turning around the images by the weekly deadline is critically important to our workflow & and our clients confidence in our services.
- Be an excellent communicator, self starter and perfectionist! Our brand revolves heavily around our clean, classic imagery and the team member's role is critical to delivering images that reflect this aesthetic.
- Be a team player (cliche, but true!). As a small business and a current 2 person team, the most important requirement for a new team member is that they are excited and eager to be a part of our growing company, and willing to explore future growth potential and new roles & responsibilities as they are developed.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Think you are the right fit for our team?
We would love to hear from you! Please let us know why you'd be a great fit and send your contact info, experience & any other pertinent info to email@example.com